Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lonestar Steak House

The intent of this blog was to give me an outlet to share all of the crazy stories from my in-laws. I think we've strayed somewhat, so let's get back on course. Here we go with a classic little story called "Lone Star Steakhouse."
Just before our family moved to AZ, my wife's older sister and her son lived with us for a few months. (Now you know the real reason why we moved to Arizona). Anyway, sister-in-law has always had a lot of issues in life and one of her favorite issues is an inability to deal with stress of any kind. As a result, she changes jobs more often than I change the channel on the television. She has had such illustrious jobs as a waitress, hair cut girl, waitress again, make-up counter girl at Clinique, and back to waitress. If she gets any criticism from a manager, she's likely to up and quit her job...you know, really nasty stuff like "Sister-in-law, table #15 needs more drinks." WHAT! This place SUX! I QUIT!

One day, she was working at Lonestar Steakhouse in a very conservative, predominantly Mormon community, while she lived with us. The place she worked was the bastion of the Mormon stay-at-home-mom, working dad, and 5 yuppie larvae kids in tow. Well, Lone Star has "family night" every Tuesday, where kids eat free. (The reader needs to know that this particular community of Mormons are the cheapest group around, so "kids eat free" is a big deal, especially when you’re trying to feed 5 to 10 of them). So, this story went down (of course) on a Tuesday night, at Lone Star packed full of the moms, dads, and little blonde yuppie larvae kids. Well, sister-in-law got some of that awful criticism that makes her want to quit her job, so that's what happened, but it was the "how" it happened that was so classic.

The Lonestar uniform is, as you may know, the black polo shirt with the Lone Star logo on it, and tan pants. Technically, I guess, the shirt belongs to the restaurant, but you can wear whatever tan pants you want. Well, sister-in-law and her manager were getting into this argument, and she was fixin' to quit (again). So she took the argument out to the waiting area packed with nice little (big) families waiting to be seated. Since she was quitting, she had to return the Lonestar shirt to the restaurant so she did what any sensible person would do, and ripped it off right in front of all of those nice people, wadded it up and threw it at the manager's face. Well, she had nothing on under that except her skimpy bra, which caused even more of a scene when you consider that this happened after her breast augmentation happened. (Part of me thinks she did it on purpose to show off her new surgically enhanced anatomy, but that’s just me.) Dads scrambled to cover kids’ eyes. Moms scrambled to cover dads’ eyes. (Shock of their lives, I’m sure.) She had her little temper tantrum and stormed out of the waiting area into the parking lot, where she exposed herself to even more stunned families, got in her car and drove home to our house. NICE! I know you think I’m making this up, but trust me, my imagination is nowhere near creative enough to come up with this stuff on my own.

2 comments:

Travis said...

I've heard some pretty cool quitting stories, but that one is just AWESOME!! Gotta give her props on the shock and awe factor.

Mona said...

Hahahahaha! I love this girl!