Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Virgin Post

I've always wondered how blogs are born. I guess it happened to me one day when my wife sat down and "created" this little space...and poof! Out of thin air is my blog space. Just like that!

So, what is this all about? One day, a few months ago, my wife asked me one of those questions that just can't safely be answered by a husband. You know, kind of like "Do these pants make me look fat?" (Oh how many husbands have slept on the couch over that one, right?)

Well, after enduring one particularly colorful and entertaining episode involving my in-laws, she came to me and asked "So...if you would have known how crazy my family really was before we got married, would you still have married me?" So far, I've still been able to put off answering that question.

For many years, I have threatened to write a multi-volume series about the crazy episodes that go on in the lives of my in-laws. But, honestly, to this point, that has required too much concentration...too much determination...too much actual work, and I just haven't been able to bring myself to that. This blog is going to have to substitute for the 7-edition, leather-bound, Moby Dick sized tome that I had in mind. I do this at great peril, because if my in-laws ever stumble into this space, I am a dead man.

As we get started, I have two requests from the reader. First, if any of you have suggestions about what you want me to elaborate about, let me know. I'll give you some code words to get the juices flowing. If you want to hear more about: Missionaries at Dinner, Broken Nose, Bathtub, Last Prayer, New Husband, Steakhouse, or Italy, let me know, and we'll start there.

Second, I plan to turn some of this space over to guest writers from time to time, so if you feel the need to share one of your crazy in-law stories in a totally anonymous, non-threatening way that can't be traced back to you, let me know and we'll get you on.

With that...let the madness begin...

3 comments:

shayla said...

bring it on!

Amy said...

this should be good :)

brittanyc said...

"Bathtub" certainly sounds intriguing. DO we get pictures to go along with said story? One can only hope :) So, anonymous author, I look forward to reading this blog!
Britt